Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Newbies

Welcome aboard!

This blog, remarkably, has had around 350 new unique visitors this last two days, one can only assume that they have arrived here after reading yesterday's Shields Gazette. Can I say welcome to all you "newbies" (noobs) who may be enjoying the experience via their shiny new wi-fi laptops that arrived courtesy of the fat man with the white beard, it is only recently that I opined on the 40% of South Tynesiders who enjoy the benefits of a broadband connection and that number may have swelled a little over the last month.

This blog is primarily for South Tynesiders, wherever you are, whatever your age, at home or abroad! It's written by a South Tynesider with a decidedly right of centre viewpoint, I'm a bit old fashioned, and I support Sunderland (it's a hard life, I know!). So while I have your attention can I recommend a visit to Curly's Photoshop where you will find a new picture of South Shields posted every day, you can also join in with the community of photobloggers who like to comment on the pictures. I also welcome comments on this blog, don't be shy, I know plenty of you read it, but just a handful are brave enough to hit the keyboard and leave their own thoughts.

There is a section to help you make comments, you can find it in the sidebar on the right. Try and add some humour to your comments if you can, at times you know we need some! Just don't be a goof, post your comments under the relevant posts, not under the instructions for making comments like some silly folks did!

Right, so you have your shiny new laptops, if you need good computing advice, free software, free anti-virus programmes that work, free firewalls, and other goodies, why not go to Curly's Corner Shop Message Board where you will find all of these and more! The Message Board was donated to me for our use by my friends Jimmy and Ryan at the South Shields Sanddancers Site, an act of generosity that I have never quite been able to repay. My main website Curly's Corner Shop is currently undergoing a reconstruction to enable me to include further content to promote all that is best about South Tyneside, the revamped version should be online very shortly.

You will find the navigation to these sites just below the banner at the top of the page.

Finally, for the last two years this blog has tried it's best to raise issues in South Tyneside and to hold our Council to account, it has had some success and now counts a number of Councillors, council officers, and our Members of Parliament among it's regular readers. If there are problems or issues that you know about within South Tyneside Council, or your political bosses are 'doing your head in', or your Councillor just doesn't seem to want to listen - then give me a call, get in touch!

You can email or telephone me, the details are in the sidebar on the right.

I hope you enjoyed your visit (and I hope it wasn't just out of morbid curiosity about bloke with a bad heart) and that you will be returning soon.

_________________________________________________________________






About Me

Curly
Born in 1956
Sanddancer
Sunderland fan
Male
Retailer
Former Borough Councillor
View my Profile

Contact

Email Curly

south-shields AT
blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Got a story?
Got a tip off?
Got some scandal?
Let me know!

07941386870

Search

Search this site

Comments

How do I make a comment on this blog?
Iain Dale Guide to Blogging
Links

Curly's Corner Shop website
Curly's Photoshop
My Message Board
Shields photo gallery
RTG Message Board
Sunderland AFC Blog
Site Feed
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

British Blogs.


Blogroll Me! Top of the British Blogs
Past

December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007


.