Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Lacking inspiration

Must be my age!

There are some days when you want to blog, and some days when you want to just sit down quietly and not even look at a keyboard, yesterday was one of those days. There was not a single item of news, national or local, that either excited, amused, or angered me. I could not find the inspiration to think about events and how they might affect us in South Shields, there was nothing that could shake me out of mental lethargy.

The least inspiring thoughts that I had were about the Conservative Party conference, words like insipid, meaningless, and bland came to mind. Where is all the real debate? It was almost the same with the Labour conference, what has happened to the great debates that once happened in these meetings? The Bournemouth bore is becoming a marketing exercise for brand Cameron with very little in the way of policy initiatives, Blairspeak Mark ll, with the real activities happening in the fringe meetings, if it isn't inspiring me then my guess is it is having the same dulling effect on others and the next batch of opinion polls will probably reflect this.

Perhaps it was because I was winding down the last day of my 49th. year - today I am 50! Am I suddenly diving into the pool of the "older generation"? I awoke today to the site of banners and balloons all over the house and front door, my work colleagues had surprised me too with great generosity (thanks everyone), my children were all excited!

Someone still thinks I'm a big kid at heart!

_________________________________________________________________






About Me

Curly
Born in 1956
Sanddancer
Sunderland fan
Male
Retailer
Former Borough Councillor
View my Profile

Contact

Email Curly

south-shields AT
blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Got a story?
Got a tip off?
Got some scandal?
Let me know!

07941386870

Search

Search this site

Comments

How do I make a comment on this blog?
Iain Dale Guide to Blogging
Links

Curly's Corner Shop website
Curly's Photoshop
My Message Board
Shields photo gallery
RTG Message Board
Sunderland AFC Blog
Site Feed
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

British Blogs.


Blogroll Me! Top of the British Blogs
Past

December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007


.