Saturday, June 04, 2005

Car Parking, Stanhope Road

Keep death off the roads, drive on the pavement!

I seem to have a bee in my bonnet about inconsiderate drivers in South Shields at the moment, it's getting so bad with some that I'm almost at the point of "naming and shaming". I was out and about yesterday to take some photographs of St. Jame's Park, as it can be seen with a good telephoto lens from the West Park, and I noticed (for the umpteenth time) a driver riding his BMW over the pavement to park it in front of his shop! Not only does this "businessman" appear to have no regard for the way in which he endangers or puts at risk the pedestrians, he also appears to have no concerns about how his actions are seen by those in the immediate local community. If he can get away with it, then why shouldn't everyone else. His business is on Stanhope Road, South Shields, close to a corner shop at it's junction with Bewick Street.
Click picture to enlarge
Not content with how he drives or parks, he happily allows his employees to park his vans right on the street corners, making it a very hazardous operation for other motorists to exit Collingwood Street or Bewick Street with no view of the oncoming traffic. I hope a friendly traffic warden sees this post.

Mowing the lawn

As I was returning from the West Park, I witnessed another strange but interesting site, which I'd like to share. A young girl has her horse stabled at the allotments in the West Park and she was taking it out for a walk, I asked where she was going, and she replied that "now the summer months are here, the grass needs cutting at home, so I take the horse there and let him do it." She lived in a council property and it's evident that the horse is doing a great job and she has no need to buy a lawnmower or wait for anyone else to do the job for her. No doubt she gets a fair amount of "free fertiliser" as well.

You have to admire the ingenuity!!

Click to enlarge

_________________________________________________________________






About Me

Curly
Born in 1956
Sanddancer
Sunderland fan
Male
Retailer
Former Borough Councillor
View my Profile

Contact

Email Curly

south-shields AT
blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Got a story?
Got a tip off?
Got some scandal?
Let me know!

07941386870

Search

Search this site

Comments

How do I make a comment on this blog?
Iain Dale Guide to Blogging
Links

Curly's Corner Shop website
Curly's Photoshop
My Message Board
Shields photo gallery
RTG Message Board
Sunderland AFC Blog
Site Feed
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

British Blogs.


Blogroll Me! Top of the British Blogs
Past

December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007


.