Thursday, March 03, 2005

Apologies

Apologies

My apologies for being behind with my posts again. It's almost 01.00 Thursday and I've been awake three hours after solidly sleeping from 13.00 till 22.00 yesterday. This has probably been the best sleep I've had in months.

I had a bout of illness last week and should have recognised what my body was telling me, instead of taking the time off work and seeing my GP, I decided to soldier on - the old protestant work ethic. Wrong decision - I should have seen what was coming around the corner.

I ended up with what feels like a good dose of influenza (not a heavy head cold), high temperatures, shivers, aching legs, neck, and back, massive chest congestion and a hacking dry cough. Since Sunday evening I think I had an average of two hours good sleep each night! Now I've been banished to the sitting room couch, so the rest of the family can get some rest.

I went to work as usual at 06.00 yesterday but by 08.00 my voice had been obliterated and I had become a total unproductive waste. It was time to go home and learn how to recover! So a trip to the GP tomorrow is a must - even without an appointment!

So why did I carry on working when I was obviously ill?

A sense of duty and responsibility?
Not wishing others to carry an extra burdon because I would be missing?
A fear that I might breach new absence trigger points?
A feeling that nobody else might be able to carry out my tasks?
I'm the only one there to let the staff in so early in the day?

I guess there is some truth in all of them, but there has to come a time to admit to yourself that I was wrong, my actions have damaged my own health just a little further, and risked passing on this infection to others. It is now my responsibility and duty to get myself fit and healthy so I can return as a fully productive member of the team!

Trow Quarry

The guys from High-Point Rendell have returned to start making further investigations into the toxic material buried there, and to measure methane gas migrations. I will be very interested in their next risk assesment, and hope that they do not allow themselves to speak the rhetoric of the Borough Council.

Just speak as you find guys!

_________________________________________________________________






About Me

Curly
Born in 1956
Sanddancer
Sunderland fan
Male
Retailer
Former Borough Councillor
View my Profile

Contact

Email Curly

south-shields AT
blueyonder DOT co DOT uk

Got a story?
Got a tip off?
Got some scandal?
Let me know!

07941386870

Search

Search this site

Comments

How do I make a comment on this blog?
Iain Dale Guide to Blogging
Links

Curly's Corner Shop website
Curly's Photoshop
My Message Board
Shields photo gallery
RTG Message Board
Sunderland AFC Blog
Site Feed
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

British Blogs.


Blogroll Me! Top of the British Blogs
Past

December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007


.